Why the PSP is tanking

Like a lot of other people out there I was extremely excited about this platform when it first came out. I actually broke one my own personal rules and went to Wal-mart the day it came out because I knew they still had them. And like every other new platform there has been the dreaded post launch dry spell for games. Many of the release titles where pretty good; Wipeout, Lumines and Hotshots golf are all decent games but none of them are what you would call killer apps. Now, several months in we are starting to see the second wave titles and guess what….they suck. I even convinced myself to buy Dead to Rights after reading negative reviews because I wanted it to be good so badly (it was returned after less then ½ a day). I will not even begin to discuss my disappointment with Coded Arms. Now, reviews for Death Jr. are coming out http://www.gamerankings.com/htmlpages2/920140.asp and it feels like a punch to stomach. The Christmas line up shows no glimmers of hope either. Although, I did briefly enjoy the Firmware 2.0 web browser, its memory issues make it nearly useless. All of this started to make me think that, now would be a good time to trade my PSP in at EB and at least get some of my money back (they are currently offering 170 in trade). I just happened to be at EB yesterday afternoon and brought this up with my inside guy there. As a subtext if you can get through the corporate policy BS and get to know an EB sales rep they are a wealth of information. So I causally asked him if they have seen a lot of PSP trade ins lately. I was not surprised to find out that they had seen a 30% increase in trade ins on the handheld and that a large number of people are rolling the money over to credit on an Xbox 360. So to wrap this up, get rid of you PSP as soon as you can, since the amount of cash you can get back goes down when the amount of returns goes up.

« Home | Next »
| Next »
Join the debate on our new forum!
http://www.anonymizer.com/ http://www.hidemyaSS.com/ http://www.fsurf.com/ http://myipwas.com/ http://www.zunta.org/blog/archives/004498.php Microsofts Guide to RDP

10:32 AM

YOU SUCK! THEY ARE BETTER THAN ANY OTHER HANDHELD PLATFORM.    



10:37 AM

hey
if you like tech and want to lissen to go to www.tggpodcast.com and listen to our podcast    



10:38 AM

I've recently re-purchased one after selling mine the first time. I purchased it, not for the games, but for the other media options available for it. With the addition of the browser, I find it even more useful. What about the upcoming keyboard support, would that help?    



11:48 AM

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.    



11:50 AM

Trade it in and get a Nintendo DS. I know that it does not have the best graphics but the games are really cool.
The even have a game thats like 'Lumines', its called 'Meteos'. I like it better because it uses a touch screen.    



5:22 PM

I bought my PSP a couple days after it came out, and I think it's amazing. At some times the graphics can be better than X Box or PS2. Do you know that the X Box 360 will be compatible with the PSP? The Nintendo DS is way behind Sony in systems right now, and I don't see them catching up. I agree with you, Coded Arms was a disapointment to me. The graphics are good, but you feel like you are playing in the same level each time you play it. I would have kept my PSP if I were you. The Internet is sweet!    



11:22 PM

Your blog is excellent - keep it up! Don't miss visiting this site about fun online game    



8:09 PM

.

Games & PC Games News - Oct. 15, 2005


PRESS RELEASE: WonderPhone announces Empire Earth® - a made-for-mobile version of the best selling PC strategy game (gamesindustry.biz)
Paris - October 14th, 2005 - WonderPhone today announces the release of its latest java game - Empire Earth ® - a made-for-mobile version of the best selling PC strategy game from Vivendi Universal Games.

Xbox 360's New Media Play Finding Fans (eWeek)
Consumers were impressed by the expanded multimedia features of Microsoft's upcoming Xbox 360 at the Digital Life conference, while gamers were excited to begin using the devices to access other types of services.

Free open-source gamer's treat unleashed (Macworld UK)
The fantasy-themed turn-based strategy game lets players build and train armies, allowing them to create pools of tough warriors to be called-up in crisis. Experienced warriors gain powerful new features and spells.

Free Anonymous Proxies

Infopage.cc: 30,000 updated Free Information Pages



Have a nice day,

jeepee    



5:09 PM

.

Games & PC Games News by www.infopage.cc - Oct. 18, 2005

Beta testers needed for GPS enabled Golf application for Windows Mobile (MS Mobiles)
October 17, 2005 [General] There are many applications for Windows Mobile about game of golf. Not all of them are GPS enabled though. Here comes yet another application about golf, in versions both for Pocket PC and MS Smartphone. (Read More ...)

GameTap download service launches in US (gamesindustry.biz)
Turner Broadcasting System has officially launched GameTap, a new gaming download service which gives subscribers access to more than 300 arcade, console and PC games. (Read More ...)

Today's News about Games & PC Games

Free Anonymous Proxies by www.jeepee.biz

Have a nice day,

jeepee
Infopage.cc: 30,000 updated Free Information Pages    



10:54 PM

Great Blog you have here! I am going to bookmark this one.

Play free online gamestoday at arcade queen

free real arcade gamefree real arcade game

Play until you drop but whatever you do don't let your boss catch you!    



9:24 AM

I just came across your blog about 360 box logo x and wanted to drop you a note telling you how impressed I was with the information you have posted here. I also have a web site about 360 box logo x so I know what I'm talking about when I say your site is top-notch! Keep up the great work, you are providing a great resource on the Internet here! If you get a chance, please stop by 360 box logo x    



2:20 PM

Handheld PC has Go Anywhere Applications. Shop online for PDA Accessories, Compare PDA Quality and get the best values.    



11:09 AM

Hey! Great blog you got here, i enjoy reading your daily entries. Btw, i stumbled across this free Sony PSP thing from another blog entry cuz some kid posted a actual pic of him getting it and i really does work. if anyone wants to sign up go here

**Free PSP*    



» Post a Comment